Monday, January 7, 2013

True Blue Caribbean

Until you see it yourself, it's hard to believe that turquoise water and soft white sand actually exists in reality. I couldn't fathom perfection like that outside of photoshopped screen savers and travel brochures.

And then I experienced the Caribbean. You truly can see six feet deep into the clear water. It DOES come in every shade of blue and turquoise and perfect palm trees really do exist.

These photos are from the heavenly place called the Bahamas. I took these pictures in 2009.

To get to the Bahamas, you can fly either Westjet or Air Canada, round trip for between $550 and $650. Typically, there is a $300 airfare credit if you book two or more people for four hotel nights in the Bahamas as a package. This is one of those destinations that is not all inclusive. Hotel grades and locations are varied and are spread out all over the main island.  Meals, beverages and taxi will be some of your out of pocket expenses.

So if you are interested in the Bahamas I would encourage you to seek the guidance of a travel agent. They will help you take advantage of the airfare credits and find the hotel best suited to your interests.

To learn more about Paradise Island, or any of the out islands, visit www.bahamas.com

On my three visits to the Bahamas, I have found it to be safe, friendly and incredibly special. It's my heaven on earth. If I ever win the lotto, that's exactly where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment