Saturday, January 5, 2013

Going to the Superbowl

Just out of curiosity I thought I would quickly price out how much it would cost to go to this year's Superbowl in New Orleans, booking as of today.

A flight on Delta Airlines leaving February 1st, and returning on February 5th (game is on the 3rd) costs $450 taxes included. That's out of Winnipeg. So that's pretty great. I'm surprised actually.

So I checked Stubhub.com for tickets. And there's the kicker.... single tickets in the cheap seats are $2500.  Let's say you need a hotel room and something to wet your whistle, lets add $1200. (Hotel rooms within stumbling distance of the game won't be cheap or easy to come by.)

So, for roughly $4500 (with souvenirs included) you could have a heck of a good time. And probably see Peyton Manning in his most memorable game.

Sure makes next weekend's playoff game in Denver seem like a bargain eh?

Oh, and by the way, if you'd rather have one of those fancy boxes upstairs for you and the buddies, those are running in the $300,000 range.

I'll be here at home, with my M&M chicken wings and pot stickers counting my savings! Go Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment