Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sports trips

Some of these have to be booked at the last minute... like playoff games. But they are do-able. My brother and I went to a Stanley Cup Playoff game in Tampa Bay in 2011. We went on 8 days notice. As soon as the teams were set for the eastern finals, I took a look at the schedules and found us a flight to Tampa.

Best sports trip ever!  We managed to get tickets (stubhub) 10 rows off the ice. We got to see Tim Thomas (Boston Bruins) shut down the Lightning. He was unreal that game and later went on to win the Vezna that year.  He was definitely the story of the Stanley Cup. And we saw that!

This year, right now, I have to say Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos are THAT story. They hit the playoffs at home on January 12th.  If you book now, TODAY, you can grab a Delta flight out of Minot, Fargo or Bismark for less than $200 return. (taxes all in).

Add that to a $300 game ticket, $200 hotel and $200 for food and you have an unbelievable life experience. If I were you, I'd go. GO NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment