Thursday, January 31, 2013

A week later

What a difference a week makes! Last week I was lounging on designer furniture under a patio umbrella wondering if the drizzle (not even heavy enough to be called rain) was going to stop so we could go for a walk or golf again. That was California.

This week it's literally -32C in Manitoba, and that's before the windchill. I'm worried the dogs will freeze solid as they try to pee outside.

My truck was reluctant to start, as am I.

A week ago I had a fancy breakfast with fresh strawberries brought to me on a tray. Later I tidied up the hotel room to make it easier for the maid.

Today I'm scrubbing toilets, bleaching stains from boy clothes and soon, I need to wash the floors at my own house. The maid won't be arriving later. There is no maid.

Real life 101.

But, if the truck won't start and I don't go out today, that saves gas money. Hmmm, a few dollars I can put towards the next trip? Lol.... now that's Manitoba trip logic 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment