Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Golfing in January

My son and I golfed 9 holes together at the cost of $25. Quite the bargain considering the fun we had, not to mention the breathtaking view of the bay at Newport Beach, California.

We golfed at our hotel, at their on-site executive course. It is a very short, pitch and putt "practice" style course. The longest hole is 100 yards. That being said, it was perfect for us. The holes had curves and sand traps and inclines and declines. They challenged us as much as we needed to be challenged. 

Since January is still winter in California, there isn't that much demand for golf, hence the bargain. We practically had the course to ourselves. Again, this was a researched and planned event, resulting in our maximum satisfaction.

If I have to say so myself, my game was "on" by the sixth hole. I felt like I was in a groove.  A good time was had by all!


No comments:

Post a Comment