Monday, January 28, 2013

Our California Adventure

9 Hole Golf Course at Back Bay/Newport Beach Hyatt

Consider this a heads up on a series of my California reviews. I certainly will have lots to share from our brief time in California.  We had a memorable time!

Over the next few days I hope to tell you:

Why flying into SNA was better than LAX.
Why I LOVE the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach.
The genius-ness of a coffee bar that converts daily into a modern lounge.
Why I chose taxis over renting a car.
How I golfed in January for $25.
Why rain isn't a bad thing.
Bargains on Balboa Island.
Why I chose club seats again.
How we met Teemu Selanne.
How breathtaking palm trees are to me.
Why high priced patio cocktails and Twitter = fun.
About my patio lunch at Bloomingdales.
Fish and fabulous shops of Fashion Island.
Why I, for a moment, wished my feet were size 6, not 8.
Matthew the valet and the Canadian $5.
And how I did something I hadn't done in 27 years.
Why I never did see Mickey Mouse, and I'm ok with that.

Just a quick footnote, today's prices from YWG, MOT and GFK  to SNA, are $485, $370 & 344 respectively for an assortment of 4 day stays in February and March. Those are return prices, taxes included for flights only. Hotels and fun are extra.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment