Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bermuda: Must See Jewelry

I was out shopping in the city district of Hamilton, Bermuda when the rain started. I detoured into the Washington Mall, but at the time I didn't exactly know where I was. I wandered a bit and was starting to feel lost when I was absolutely captivated by a window display and thus drawn into a boutique store selling jewelry.


At first glance, the soft pinks of the designs reminded me of the Bermuda beaches. Upon opening my eyes, that's EXACTLY what I was seeing! Hand made jewelry and designs inspired by the beauty of the island's landscape.  I took the time to examine the pieces and found myself quickly in a crowd of shoppers who had stopped in to meet the designer herself. People were here on recommendations, others had read on FB that she would be in the store that day and had made the trip specifically to talk with her and purchase their pieces from the designer herself.

It wasn't long before I had the pleasure of speaking with Alexandra Mosher and learnt of a Canadian connection. I was so impressed with her designs and her story that I HAD to break my own rule of "no souvenirs" and purchase a necklace for myself. Actually, truth be told, I would have bought 6 or 7 pieces if the budget had allowed. The "melt" collection and the "caviar" collection are stunning.

I was absolutely thrilled to make a friend that day and learn of her entrepreneurial path. Alexandra is living her dream and there's nothing more inspiring.

I'll return to my own entrepreneurial endeavours later this month, feeling re-charged and inspired to create again and further pursue success. That's exactly what I needed. There are no wrong turns. There are simply NO wrong turns!

This was the gem that is Bermuda to me.








No comments:

Post a Comment