Friday, May 3, 2013

Why Travel?

I love to travel.

Travelling brings new perspective to my life. To see and experience other regions, cultures and climates enhances my appreciation of others.

My problems seems small and insignificant when I find myself looking at things with a wider view. One day outside my comfort zone, where I get to see and learn and experience new things, can change my whole outlook and re-set my balance.

Everyone has their own set of experiences and will see things differently. Your Las Vegas experience will never  be the same as my Las Vegas experience. You may or may not meet a Russian cab driver who tells you about his children and their dreams. You may never find yourself playing blackjack next to a senior citizen from Ohio, and you may never laugh out loud with a perfect stranger seeing something unbelievable happen on the street. But I did.  I may never do the things you get to do. Our experiences will never be carbon copies and that's what makes it great. It makes us human.

Everyday is a new chance to make stupid jokes and take risks, learn and grow. To get to do that through travel is like shaking the kaleidoscope. It's brilliant and beautiful... you just have to mix things up a bit to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment