Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Vegas and the Hype

Last week I took a quick jaunt to Vegas to recharge my batteries.

It was great fun staying at the MGM hotel the days leading up to the big Mayweather vs Guerrero fight. The whole hotel was a buzz with activity and anticipation of the main event (literally) in the MGM Gardens arena.

Celebrities were arriving and the hotel had a real vibe. The staff were obviously busy with preparations and taking security very seriously. Everything about the week was professional and first rate. The MGM certainly knows how to stage an event. 

I was leaving before the fight, not that I would have attended considering the $1500 ticket price, but I would have loved to see some of the nightclub entertainers and acts that were also booked for the weekend. Hakkisan nightclub/restaurant was also recently opened and was featuring musical acts like Deadmau5 and Calvin Harris.

Vegas is just Vegas. Bright lights, big city. They know how to put on a show and I love that about it. Vegas. Ahhhh, Vegas. When can I go back?

No comments:

Post a Comment