Friday, December 4, 2015

Pack like a hockey mom

This is some pretty specialized travel knowledge I'm about to impart. But I expect there's a legion of similar minds out there. I know I can't be alone. I know I'm not the only mom who goes to hockey games, love Starbucks and travels often.

Did you know that a puck fits nicely in a coffee cup? Specifically, the Starbucks "You are here" series.

Did you know that baseballs and pucks almost always get a second look from security when they're in your carry on luggage? I've travelled enough to know that you should just place these items in the bin separately, like you would with your liquids. It's the density that shows up on the scanner and makes it noteworthy. I've also had the baseballs pulled out (for verification) because they looked like oranges. Yes, oranges.

If you are going to pack your pucks in the mug, for transport and space savings, just do it once you're through security. Saves you the hassle.

Why are pucks and baseballs great trip souvenirs? They are much cheaper than jerseys, much easier to pack than sticks and look great in your boys' (or girls') display case. If you plan on a lifetime of sports, travel and healthy living, you can assemble quite the collection.







No comments:

Post a Comment