Monday, December 14, 2015

Fast 5 Travel Follies of 2015

Ry and I were reminiscing about the travel adventures from this year. Here are a couple of our best laughs.

1. We were splashing around in the shallow edge of the ocean and Ry starts yelling 'shark!' I hope he didn't frighten the cheery little dolphins that were playing nearby. City boy!

2. Ry and I were heading into the Montreal Canadiens game and a scalper was calling out "anyone have tickets? Anyone need tickets" and Ry walking by responds. "Sorry, I don't speak any English." In English.

3. Getting on a plane, I noticed a man in my seat. I politely noted that 5A was my seat. He snarled at me and told me it was his. I whipped out my ticket to reveal "5A." He barks... I can count... "1, 2, 3, 4.....uh 1, 2, 3, 4, ok."  I offered to switch with him since 4A was comfort class and came with free booze. He declined and moved out of my seat and up a row to his.

4. We were out golfing at Newport Beach and were paired up with a senior couple to make a foursome for the round. The man challenged Ry to his little made up game. "Levels the playing field," he said. "I call it "oingo, bongo, bango." Not knowing what to say, Ry agreed. The senior kept score. 2 points for hitting first. 3 points for 2 putting the green and on it went in a very abstract way that neither Ry or I could decipher. At the end of the round he tallied the score and Ry "won" by two. That's when the guy stormed off in a huff.  Nothing we could do but LOL.

5. We were in Jamaica at the towel hut where you pick up your free towels on the way to the pool. The attendant remarked that my husband's drink would taste pretty good about now. Since it was yet untouched, hubs turned over the rum and coke as a friendly gesture. All sly the attendant leans in and goes for the bro handshake saying "thank you mon. You good mon. You need any towels, you come see me. I hook you up." For the next 2 days I mocked my husband for hooking us up with free towels at the free towel stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment