Sunday, August 23, 2015

5 little luxuries for the road.

Space is a commodity and with airlines charging for checked bags, taking up too much space can be costly.

I almost exclusively travel with just a carry on bag. I roll my clothes, coordinate my outfits and preach about staying organized on the road with Ziploc bags. But given a little extra space, these are the 5 little luxuries I will definitely squeeze in.

1. Slippers. Just tiny, soft little ballet slippers. After a full day of walking, there's nothing more comforting on my feet than a cozy little pair of slippers.

2. Noise cancelling headphones. Tiny ear buds will do, but good headphones can really help tune out the travel chaos.

3. LBD. Just a sheath dress. Black and classic, in case your business lunch turns formal.

4. A hat. Could be a knit toque or a fun straw hat based on your destination. Could also be a lifesaver if you have a really bad hair day or an unexpected delay.

5. A book. I know you can read on your iPad or Kindle but, a real book still feels like "vacation" to me. A little luxury, easily tucked into the front pocket of your suitcase. It's a conversation starter, a de-stresser and a gift you can exchange with another reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment