Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Last year's coffee run was $920

Last year I wrote about a Westjet sale to Kona Hawaii. It was, in my opinion, a heck of a deal.

Since I'm not travelling right now, and more than a little bored, I thought I would look and see what that same trip would cost today.




That same trip, December 2nd to 9th, would cost $1020 per person, or about $100 more. That's not bad. I feel it is a reasonable measure of the current cost of a vacation.... about 10% more than last year.  Most of that rise in cost can be attributed to the change in value of the Canadian dollar (as compared to the USA dollar.

If you are just looking for a flight, there are numerous return flights, to each of the 3 most popular islands, for about $560. This is true for both Westjet and Air Canada, from Winnipeg. Depends on dates, of course. But I could find you 25 examples, of $600 of less right now.

This one to Maui is just $527 taxes included!

Just look at these beautiful flight times!!





No comments:

Post a Comment