Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fast Five Travel Notes: The memorable meals of 2014

When I travel, I love trying regional cuisine. I stay away from chain restaurants and look for the gems. I look for recommendations from hotel staff, other guests and on-line blogs too.

Here are a few of the great treats I enjoyed on the road this year:

1. Fish Chowder from the Fairmont Southampton, in Bermuda. It was a thin, spicy fish soup, topped with a float of sherry. It had lots of flavour and with a cocktail and a slice of crusty bread, it was perfect.




2.  Lobster roll, a spicy lobster caesar and chilled lobster tails were fabulous at Rock Lobster restaurant on Queen Street West in Toronto, Ontario. They had several locations and have been featured on the TV show "You Gotta Eat Here"



3. Absolutely everything at Giada's at the Cromwell in Las Vegas, was fabulous. I can't wait to go back!










4.  Hemingways Restaurant in Orlando Florida delivered a memorable and gorgeous meal.  It was fresh, flavourful and easy on the calorie count. I loved every bite.









5. Cheeseburger from Tastee's. They are just so damn good. I probably ate 50 this year!












Honourable Mention:  Best $12 hot dog ever, was at the Toronto Blue Jay's game. We were having fun and geez, when you're at the ball park, you NEED to have ball park food. And seriously, where else are you getting a $12 hot dog?



No comments:

Post a Comment